The new BRITAX FRONTIER™ 90 Combination Harness-2-Booster™ boasts the ground-breaking CLICKTIGHT™ Installation System combined with BRITAX’s leading Head Safety technologies. The FRONTIER™ 90 keeps your growing toddler safe and offers parents the peace of mind of a secure and easy car seat installation each and every time.*
CLICKTIGHT™ Installation System is an innovative technology that allows parents to easily achieve a safe and secure installation using a vehicle seat belt throughout the life of the seat, in harness mode, without having to worry about the weight of their child.* The FRONTIER™ 90 offers a forward-facing, five-point harnessed weight capacity up to 90 pounds, with an industry-leading 20.5 inch shoulder harness height. The FRONTIER™ 90 also converts to a vehicle belt-positioning booster seat that can be used up to 120 pounds.
The FRONTIER™ 90 incorporates BRITAX’s leading Head Safety technologies to protect your child during a crash by minimizing the forward movement of your child’s head during a frontal impact. Head Safety technologies include: Base with SafeCell Technology®, Integrated Steel Bars, and Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether®. The FRONTIER™ 90 offers BRITAX True Side Impact Protection® for advanced protection during side impact crashes. True Side Impact Protection® provides an extra layer of energy-absorbing EPP foam that contains your child’s head, neck and body, keeping them in “true” or aligned, during a crash.
Comfort and convenience features include: a tangle-free, no-rethread five-point harness with an EZ-buckle system, a front-adjust recline, integrated cup holders and storage, multiple buckle positions, fixed armrests, comfort foam, and an easy-remove cover.
*May not be compatible with all vehicles. See installation instructions.
360 Degree Protection Features
- CLICKTIGHT™ Installation System allows parents to easily achieve a safe and secure installation using the vehicle seat belt throughout the life of the seat, in harness mode, without having to worry about the weight of their child*
- True Side Impact Protection® provides deep side walls and a head restraint with energy-absorbing EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Base with SafeCell Technology® designed to keep your child safe and secure in a crash by compressing and significantly lowering the center of gravity, reducing the forward movement of the car seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment, minimizing the amount of forward movement of the car seat. Stage-released stitching helps reduce the crash forces reaching the child
- HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads provide resistance to forward movement in the event of a crash
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness (with 9 harness height positions -up to 20.5”) distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact, thus minimizing the risk of abdominal injury (accessory sold separately)
Superior Fit and Comfort Features
- 90-pound Weight Capacity in Harness Mode allows your child to remain harnessed up to 90 lbs
- 120-pound Weight Capacity in Booster Mode for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Two Buckle Positions offer a snug and secure fit for your growing child
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
Superior Ease-of-Use Features
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness easily adjusts the harness shoulder height and head restraint from the front of the seat without disassembling the harness straps
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage are designed for easy access to children’s cups ,snacks and toys
- Easy-Remove Cover allows easy cleaning,without disassembling the harness or uninstalling the car seat
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides provide clear indication of the path and positioning of the vehicle seat belt for use in either harness or booster mode
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Forward-Facing Harnessed - 2 years & 25 lbs, up to 90 lbs
- Belt-Positioning Booster - 45 – 62 inches tall; 40 to 120 lbs