The BRITAX ROUNDABOUT® convertible car seat accommodates children rear facing from 5 to 40 lbs (2,3 to18 kg) and forward facing from 20 to 55 lbs (9,1 to 24,9 kg). The ROUNDABOUT is purposefully designed and engineered to minimize the forward movement of your child’s head during a frontal impact to reduce the risk of head injury with the following revolutionary BRITAX head safety technologies:
- Base with SafeCell Technology® designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat.
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash.
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a two-point attachment and staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement and reduce the crash forces reaching the child.
The ROUNDABOUT also incorporates BRITAX Side Impact Protection to contain the head and body and protect from the most severe types of crashes. Additionally, the five-point harness is tangle-free and the multiple buckle and recline positions, comfort pads, and infant positioning pillow provide premium comfort and positioning.
Features and Benefits:
360 Degree Protection Features
- Basee with SafeCell Technology® designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Protection comprised of deep side walls lined with energy-absorbing EPP foam distributes crash forces, shields from vehicle intrusion, and contains the head, neck and body
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
Superior Fit and Comfort Features
- 55-pound (24,9-kg) Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Pillow for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child
Superior Ease-of-Use Features
- Premium LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way when placing your child in the car seat
- Rear Facing – 5-40 lbs (2,3-18 kg)
- Forward Facing – 20-55 lbs (9,1-24,9 kg)