Introducing the Aton Base 2 which is the first base to bring an European style adjustable Load Leg to the United States market.
Compatible with both the Aton and Aton 2.
ENGINEERED FOR SAFETY
- ADJUSTABLE LOAD LEG - The Load Leg, a virtual standard in Europe, is now available on the Base 2. The Load Leg provides additional support between the child restraint and the vehicle, allowing the Base 2 to more effectively absorb and distribute crash energy. The Leg dramatically reduces forward pitching of the seat, keeping the child in the prescribed position during the entire crash event. This reduces the risk of spinal cord injury due to stretching, which can be caused if the infant seat pitches too far forward.
- STEEL CHASSIS - A solid steel spine running through the Aton Base 2 (shown in blue) creates metal to metal contact through the Load Leg, infant carrier, and the vehicle for added strength and properly managed crash forces. No other base features this type of steel structure.Steel Chassis
- DUAL WEIGHT RANGES - The dual weight ranges of the Base help to make sure your seat is reclined at the proper angle according to the weight of your child. One range accomodates children from 4–22 pounds and the other, 22–35 pounds.
- DUAL ACTION RELEASE - A green safety button indicates a secure connection has been made betweeb the infant carrier and the Base. The button is part of a two-step process needed to remove the Aton Infant Carrier from the Base 2, preventing accidental release.
Whether you use LATCH or vehicle belts, the Aton 2 Base is truly easy to install in your vehicle.
- INNOVATIVE BELT TENSIONER - The Base 2 uses a unique Belt Tensioning Plate for a quick, simple and secure installation when using either LATCH or vehicle belts. Simply remove the slack from the belts and close the plate for a super easy and tight install.
- ADJUSTABLE LOAD LEG FOOT - Simply squeeze the release handle on the Load Leg to lower the foot to the vehicle floor. The leg adjusts from 10¾ to 18¾ inches to allow firm contact between the foot and the vehicle floor.
- RECLINE FOOT - A four-position, spring activated leveling foot makes reclining the Base 2 easy. The dual range level indicator makes sure your child is reclined at the proper angle according to his weight.
Compatibility: Aton and Aton 2 Infant Car Seats. Infant seat sold separately.
Open Box: Opened box. Unused, returned item.
All Sales Final on Open Box Items