A return to work doesn't have to mean the end of breastfeeding. In fact, continuing to nurse her baby is the working mom's best strategy for blending both sides of her life into a new and satisfying whole. In this fully updated edition of Nursing Mother, Working Mother, Gale Pryor and Kathleen Huggins provide essential advice on:
- Getting breastfeeding off to a good start
- Pumping and storing breast milk
- Establishing a pumping and feeding routine
- Negotiating with an employer for private pumping space
- Finding supportive child care
- The legal rights of employees with regard to breastfeeding
Gale Pryor is co-author of Nursing Your Baby, the book that helped launch the late-twentieth-century breastfeeding revival. Kathleen Huggins, R.N., M.S., a board-certified lactation consultant, is author of the best-selling Nursing Mother's Companion.