Softline - the same soft, untreated organic wool, but it is mechanically processed using a new, patented method. This process bypasses spinning and knitting of the wool, making SoftLine pads an economical choice. Recommended for women in which leaking is a minimal problem.
Every nursing mother wants breastfeeding to be a positive experience for her and her baby. These incredibly soft and soothingly comfortable nursing pads provide the best conditions for successful breastfeeding.
What makes LANACare Nursing Pads superior to Cotton or Disposables?
- Most women need only 2 - 3 pairs and 1 bottle of Lanolin Soap for the entire nursing period. Economical, in the long run, compared with the repetitive cost of disposables. And environmentally friendly!
- Wool wicks moisture away from your skin, keeping you dry and comfortable, even in warm climates. When the pads do feel wet, they're warm, not cold and clammy as with cotton or disposable pads.
- Your skin is kept dry and able to breathe, allowing sore nipples to heal. Since LANACare pads contain lanolin, use of lanolin ointment is a perfect combination of treatment for sore nipples. Many women have claimed that once they began using these pads, their nipples began to heal and breastfeeding “turned around” for them.
- Scandinavian midwives have, for centuries, advised mothers to keep their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Larger sizes give protective coverage over greater a portion of the breast.
- With larger sizes, the edge of the pad falls further back on your breast, making pads LESS noticeable through clothing.
- Great, non-medicinal remedy for Raynaud’s/vasospasms! The gentle warmth of the wool keeps blood vessels dilated, preventing the pain and discomfort caused by vasospasms.
- Natural fibers of wool allow skin to breathe, maintaining a comfortable temperature even in warm climates. Moderates temperature, for comfort even when moving between hot outdoor climates and cold air-conditioned inner climates.
- Variety of sizes and styles to suit each woman’s needs!
- Women LOVE these nursing pads – how often do you hear that about a nursing pad??
Guidelines in Sizing
(with understanding that each woman may have individual preferences)
- Mini (9 cm - 3 1/2 in.) – recommended most often as additional inner layer for very heavy leaking.
- X-Small (12 cm - 5 in.)- A or B cup
- Small (15 cm - 6 in.) - B, C or D cup – most commonly recommended size
- Medium (18 cm - 7 in.) - DD or larger
- Large (22 cm - 9 in.) and Oval (teardrop 18 x 27 cm - 7 x 11 in.) - for women who want even more coverage (these are much larger than most women expect, so please check measurements before ordering!)