This "farmyard" is full of noisy animals and compact enough to take anywhere! Four animals sound off with their animal songs and play a lively melody when their noses are pressed. Or babies can grasp the padded handle and bump the block against the floor to start the sounds! This feature-filled activity cube also boasts a sturdy teether, knotted tags, crinkly flower petals and tabs, and a toddler-tough plastic mirror.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Place the toy in the child's lap and encourage the child to hug and pat it.
- Hold the toy in front of the child as you tap it to play the animal sounds and songs.
- Show the child his or her reflection in the mirror. As the child begins to recognize the reflection as his or her own, encourage facial expressions such as opening the mouth or blowing raspberries.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the colors on the toy. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to that color.
- Point to the different animals and identify them. Ask the child to touch each picture as you name it.
- Toss and catch or pat the toy at random, and help the child identify the correct animal to match the sound made.
- 18 MONTHS AND UP: Point to the different pictures on the toy, and ask the child to identify each one.
- Help the child count different groupings on the toy (petals around the mirror, knots along the edge, clovers next to the duck). Say the numbers aloud together as you count.
- Name a color or pattern, and ask the child to point to all the places on the toy that it appears.
- AAA batteries not included.
Dimensions: 8.5" x 8" x 7.5" Packaged