Children will delight in sending this little toy rolling off again and again! It's delightfully simple to set in motion: Just push down on the center ball to flatten the inchworm, then let it go--the wheels spring into motion as the center "inches" up again. The rubber treads roll smoothly on almost any surface--babies and toddlers will love seeing it zoom from room to room as they crawl or toddle behind, building muscle strength and gross motor skills as they play. Bright colors, rattling wheels, a click-and-turn plush head, and a shake-and-squeak plush tail engage other senses, too, encouraging young children to explore first concepts, build developmental skills, and have a wonderful time playing with this sweet, smiley inchworm.
Melissa & Doug K's Kids toys nurture early childhood development in three key skill areas: physical, cognitive, and social. With interactive designs and multisensory features, K's Kids promotes constructive play and effortless learning, keeping interest high and new skills flourishing throughout the baby and toddler years!
Extension Activities: More Ways to Play and Learn:
- 6 MONTHS AND UP: Talk to your child about the different parts of the toy. Guide the child's hand to pat each piece as you name it.
- Encourage the child to hold and shake the inchworm to hear the rattles.
- Sitting on the floor, roll the inchworm toward the child. Encourage the child to roll the inchworm back to you.
- 9 MONTHS AND UP: Count the segments of the toy aloud, from the head to the tail.
- Place the inchworm on the floor, facing the child but slightly out of reach, and encourage the child to reach and grasp to pull it near.
- Place the inchworm in front of the child and slightly to one side, and encourage the child to roll it from one hand to the other.
- 12 MONTHS AND UP: Help the child identify the different colors on the inchworm. Say a color name aloud and help the child point to that color on the toy.
- Ask the child to grasp the plush head of the toy and twist it to hear the clicking sound.
- Encourage the child to press down on the inchworm's back and release it, trying to send the inchworm as far as possible before it stops.
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 9" x 3.25" Packaged