This reassuring guide to navigating nursery school life, both at home and in the classroom, is the most comprehensive book on the subject. Nancy Schulman and Ellen Birnbaum draw on their decades of experience at the 92nd Street Y Nursery School to respond to parents' hunger for practical information on a wide range of topics, including:
- What to look for in a preschool
- Strategies for separation, discipline, toilet training, and bedtime
- The best toys, books, and activities at every stage
- How to stimulate your children without overscheduling them
- Ways to talk about difficult topics like divorce, illness, or death
- How to support your child's social and intellectual development.
Schulman and Birnbaum have devoted their lives to listening to and understanding young children, and the advice they offer is as warm and humorous as it is comforting and wise.
Paperback: 352 pages