This natural fibre single bed mattress is very supportive and is ideal for allergy sufferers. The center of the mattress is made with natural latex foam, the latex is tapped straight from the rubber tree. This natural foam offers superior support as it conforms well to body shape and pressure. It is sandwiched together with our organic coir which has been coated in latex for extra support and ventilation. Wrapped around the outside is a soft lambswool fleece which acts as an excellent thermal insulator in winter and ventilator in summer. All the natural fibres in this mattress are 100% non-allergenic. Dust mites can not live in natural latex foam or organic coir and the lambswool has been treated with plant extracts of lavender, eucalyptus and lemon which renders it anti dust-mite. The mattress is covered in an unbleached cotton herringbone cover which can be machine washed at 60°C to kill all bacteria and dust mites. What Is Natural Latex Foam?
Natural latex foam is produced from the Hevea Brasilienesis rubber tree. It was once commercially produced in the Amazon and now 90% of the total world production of natural latex comes from Asia.
The latex comes of out of the tree as a white cloudy fluid, similar to cow's milk. It is sapped straight from the tree (similar to tapping a syrup from a Maple tree) by cutting a spiral groove into the bark which allows the sap to exude into a container over a period of hours. The latex fluid is then whipped into a frothy liquid to beat the air into it and then placed into an oven to bake into its final state. The end product is 100% natural latex foam.
Benefits of Natural Latex Foam:
- Perfect for Asthma and Eczema sufferers as the foam is naturally anti-microbial and anti-bacterial. Dust mites, the main cause of allergies can not live in latex foam because the conditions in the foam are too dry and mildew free.
- Unlike latex rubber gloves which can cause irritation to the skin, natural latex foam in Natural Mat's mattresses is not in direct contact with the skin as it is sandwiched together with other natural fibres.
- The foam has a superior cell structure as it is filled with lots of little air bubbles. It provides excellent ventilation and insulation, keeping you warm during the winter and cool during the summer.
- Natural Latex foam is very durable and has good elasticity which means it has a long life span.
- The foam conforms to your body shape and pressure, giving you superior orthopedic support and promotes healthy muscles by alleviating constricting muscles.
- Unlike most standard foams, natural latex foam is environmentally friendly and bio-degradable.
Dimensions: 39" x 75"
Gift Wrap not available.
From the Makers of NaturalMat:
We wanted our babies and children to sleep safely and comfortably in the best, most natural environment, which is why we started The Natural Mat Company. As new parents, we saw how tiredness and anxiety can easily spoil the joy of life with a new baby. When our children were tiny we didn't want to settle for the standard synthetic baby mattress. We discovered the amazing potential of natural and organic materials like organic coir, latex and organic cotton - so much healthier, more functional and more satisfying that synthetics.
Using the best raw ingredients, we created a range of hand-crafted baby mattresses that are superbly comfortable, breathable, washable, non-allergenic and a delight to use - ensuring the best possible night's sleep for baby and parent.
Natural Mat's products are true to the values which we and many other parents believe in: use of natural and organic materials; care for the environment; and understanding, expert service. They're for parents who want the best, with no compromises; who expect stylish, well-designed products which perform superbly well, at least environmental cost.