The ERGO is the way to go when it comes to baby carriers. It's the best all around choice for carrying a baby anywhere from around the house to public places. The ergobaby carrier is conveniently compact, comfortable to wear and provides sturdy support for your baby. The ergonomic design of the carrier ensures that your baby is in the correct sitting position to encourage proper hip, pelvis and spine growth. It does this by distributing most of the baby's weight between its hips and thighs. The design also considers the health and comfort of parents. The carrier balances the baby's weight to the parents' hips and shoulders, reducing physical stress. The padded waist belt supports the lumbar area plus 1" thick padding in the shoulder straps. It can be worn on front, back or hip and can easily be changed from one to the other.
Ergo is perfect for when baby is too heavy for a sling or for when you plan on carrying your baby for extended periods of time, especially for hiking and walking. Unlike other frame back packs, with the ERGO the baby is right against your back so their weight seems less. When carrying a traditional hard frame back pack, your baby's center of gravity is further from your body and can be awkward and feel heavier. For comfortably carrying your infant, try the ERGO Infant Insert (sold separately). It supports your newborn like a baby sling while having both hands free to work. This lightweight carrier lets you carry your baby comfortably for long periods with your hands free and it looks great too.
- Recommended use from newborn (with additional Infant Insert sold separately) up to 40 lbs
- Adjusts for most sizes, waist circumference extends from 25" up to 43"
- Attached Sleeping Hood supports sleeping baby's head and expands with the growth of your child
- Convenient pocket on back of carrier with side zipper for easy access
- 100% cotton canvas outside and 100% cotton poplin lining and hood
- More secure than a hard-frame for baby hiking and walking