The Contender™ 65 convertible car seat holds a rear-facing infant from 5-40 lbs. and a forward-facing toddler in its 5-point harness from 20-65 lbs. It easily grows with your child with the Simply Safe Adjust™ harness system, which automatically adjusts both the harness and headrest height. The included LATCH and easy-to-read level indicator offers you hassle-free installation. Contender 65 features a removable head and body support, machine-washable seat pad and two buckle positions to help keep your growing child snug and secure. This seat is Safe Seat Engineered which includes Side Impact Testing and features EPS foam.
- Helps protect rear-facing infants from 5-40 lbs. and forward-facing toddlers from 20-65 lbs.
- Simply Safe Adjust™ Harness System is safe & simple with a one-hand, no re-thread harness that automatically adjusts
- Side Impact Tested-Rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed U.S. safety standards
- Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest easily adapts to your growing toddler's needs
- LATCH equipped with an easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation
- EPS, energy absorbing foam for effective impact energy management
- 5-point, front-adjust harness helps you get baby in and out
- Cup holder keeps drinks within your child's reach
Care and Maintenance
- Machine-washable seat cushion and inserts. Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap and water. Buckle may be cleaned with a damp cloth. Harness straps may be spot cleaned
To Unbuckle Harness:
- Lift the lever and pull the shoulder harness straps to loosen the harness
- Tilt the top of the buckle toward the child's abdomen
- Press in at the top of the red button
- Pull tongues out of the buckle
Harness Buckle Cleaning Process:
Turn the restraint over and push the retainer through the harness strap slot to remove the buckle from the car seat. Place the buckle in a cup of warm water upside down and gently agitate the buckle, pressing the red button several times while it is in the water. Do not submerge the harness webbing and do not use soaps or lubricants, only rinse the harness buckle with warm water. Shake out the excess water and allow the harness buckle to air dry. Reattach the harness buckle into the same slot and re-check harness for correct installation according to the car seat manual before use.
- For rear-facing infants from 5-40 lbs. and forward-facing toddlers from 20-65 lbs.
- Height Range: Rear-facing: Head must be at least 1" below red handle Forward facing with harness: up to 49"
The American Academy of Pediatricians recommends that children be rear facing until age 2 or until they reach the maximum rear facing height and weight rating for their seat and that child stays harnessed as long as possible.