The popular Moby Wrap is now available in 100% soft, EKO-certified organic cotton.
The design of the Moby Wrap uses your entire back, as well as your shoulders, to carry the weight of your baby. Unlike other carriers, which have narrow straps or go across one shoulder, the Moby Wrap is a wide piece of fabric that is wrapped over both shoulders. It is amazingly comfortable and easy to wear. There are no buckles, snaps or other fasteners. It is easy to adjust the fit of your Moby Wrap by varying how tightly you wrap yourself and your baby.
The Moby Wrap comes with an easy to follow instructional guide and a website with the latest news, tips and techniques. With the single stretch cotton and the width of the Moby Wrap, your baby is wrapped close and tight, insuring a secure hold. Your baby's head can also be secured under the stretchy cotton fabric for added safety. You can finally have both hands free and know your baby is safe and secure.
There is not a lot of extra material or bulky padding between you and your baby. Your baby can hear your heartbeat and finds comfort in the warmth of your body, and sound of your heartbeat within the cuddly confines of the Moby Wrap.
Preemie to 35 lbs The Moby Wrap is an optimal baby carrier for premature infants. Preemies are often prescribed to practice "kangaroo care" and this skin-to-skin practice used to increase birth weight can be easily achieved while wearing the Moby Wrap. The Moby Wrap is long enough to adapt to your growing baby. The fabric can hold up to 45 lbs, and most people feel comfortable carrying up to 35 lbs.
It is amazing how quickly a baby will settle down once wrapped in the Moby Wrap. Experts like Dr. Sears, stress the importance of holding your baby often and close. The Moby Wrap allows you to do this with ease. The style of the wrap insures your baby is uniquely close, while providing ultimate comfort and support. No more aching backs or tired arms! Now your baby can be kept close and happy for as long as he or she desires.
There are many ways to wear your Moby Wrap. Your can wear your baby facing you, facing the world, sideways or on your back. When not being used as a carrier, the Moby can be used as blanket, pillow or anything else that comes to mind.
The Moby Wrap is easy to clean. You can machine wash your Moby in cold water and tumble dry low. Slight shrinkage after washing may occur. Once you start wearing your Moby again, it will stretch out.
Benefits of the Moby Wrap:
- Provides pleasure, warmth, security and sound, all essential to healthy development
- Lowers the level of stress in the infant and parent
- Holds baby, leaving the parent's hands for work and activities
- Helps meet baby's security needs: baby can feel, smell, hear and see parent
- Develops a strong and secure attachment to parents
- Communicates to children that they are loved, safe, secure and cared for
- Allows children to be at the center of activity rather than being the center of attention, which is a healthy atmosphere for development of empathy, affection and a healthy sense of self
- Enables parents to accomplish their day-to-day activities and still be in close physical contact with their babies
- Is a natural soothing baby tranquilizer which helps fussy or tired infants fall asleep
- Allows the baby to be an active participant in the walking, talking, laughing, movement and working of the parent
Measures 5.5 meters in total length.