Congratulations! Baby is on the way and it’s time to get planning, which means you could use a baby registry checklist to get you started.
Keep in mind, a pregnant woman unleashed without a plan can be dangerous. If you’ve ventured into the baby section at Target, your pregnancy hormones may have sent you over the edge with the endless possibilities.
Are you wondering how you are supposed to know what’s necessary? We’ve compiled a registry checklist to help you narrow down the must-haves and the things that are nice to have.
Baby Registry Checklist
- One-piece sleepers
- Pairs of pants
- Cardigans or hoodies
- Newborn hats & mittens
- Socks & booties
- Seasonal hats
Nice to Have Clothes
- Snowsuit or one-piece bunting (for winter babies) - blankets tucked over baby in the car seat or stroller work just as well.
Nice to Have Sleep Items
- Bassinet or co-sleeper - some sort of portable sleeper may be necessary if Baby is going to sleep in your room for the first several months.
- Rocking chair or glider
- White noise machine
- Nursing pillow
- Burp cloths
- Breast pump
- Milk storage bags
- Nursing bras
- Nursing pads
- Lotion for sore nipples
- 8 four-ounce bottles with low-flow nipples
- 6 eight-ounce bottles with medium-flow nipples
- Bottle and nipple brush
- Formula (if not nursing)
- Thermal bottle carrier
Nice to Have Feeding Items
Nice to Have Bathing Items
- Baby tub - the sink (with this sink bather) or small laundry baskets set in the tub work pretty well too.
- Baby lotion
- 2 boxes of newborn-size diapers or 50-60 reusable cloth diapers with 8 waterproof covers
- Disposable wipes or reusable washcloths
- Diaper cream
- Wet bag (for dirty cloth diapers when out and about)
- Waterproof changing pad
Nice to Have Diapering Items
- Changing Table - a dresser with a changing pad on top could double as a changing table.
- Diaper pail & disposable liners
Health & Safety Must-Haves
Nice to Have Health & Safety Items
Baby Gear Must-Haves
Nice to Have Baby Gear
You may find that some of this is necessary, but most likely you will not need everything. Many of these things can be borrowed or purchased second hand.
- Baby carrier
- Baby sling
- Stroller bunting for cold weather
- Bouncy seat
- Portable play yard/crib
Babies certainly need a lot of accessories, but when you’re just starting out, the less-is-more rule is good to follow. You definitely don’t need all you think you might need. It’s helpful to get in the game, so to speak, before you make all of your purchases.
People typically like to buy clothes and blankets as shower gifts, so you’ll likely have way more of those than you need. You will learn as you go and find what is necessary to make life easier, and what complicates things and takes up space.
Star your Baby Earth Registry now!
This baby registry checklist will get you started and help you evaluate which things are needed now and which are wanted or could wait for later.
Under the Nile Swaddle Blanket$47.00
Under the Nile Elephant Lovey$22.00
Under the Nile Solid Skull Hat
12% OFF Under the Nile Side Snap Kimono - White Stork$36.00 $40.80
12% OFF Under the Nile Convertible Romper - White Stork$36.00 $40.80
Babybear Shop Cheeky Baby Butter Organic Baby Balm$34.00
- Organic Baby