Photo: Joe Petersburger

A tragic accident has kick-started an organization dedicated to educating parents about safety when their babies are sleeping. 

Dr. Sam Hanke, a pediatric cardiologist, fell asleep one day with his 4-week-old son on his chest. 

Like many parents, Dr. Hanke was unaware of the dangers of this sleeping position. When he awoke from him nap several hours later, his son was gone. 

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome is not uncommon in situations like this. In light of this tragedy, Dr. Hanke created an organization to honor his son and to educate parents about safety when their babies are sleeping. 

To learn more about how to keep your baby safe, click here



More articles with these tags:


Liz Coffman

Liz Coffman has worked in the advertising industry for over 7 years and is passionate about connecting people to the world around them through her writing. Based in the Pacific Northwest, Liz is also a professional musician, avid rock climber, hiker and adventure seeker.


Facebook Comments

Read On:

Health and Safety: