Photo: IStock

One night, Vanesa Herrera, from Oklahoma, put her one-year-old daughter in a walker instead of a high chair as usual. Azra, her baby, reached up to the counter and pulled the crockpot down. It opened and poured the hot meat broth onto her face, which gave her second-degree burns.

She went to a hospital in the area, but was flown to a Dallas medical center. Later, she had to return to another hospital for malnourishment. 

Many children have died after being injured in home accidents, often for simple causes such as falling, choking, or receiving burns. Herrera is using the story of Azra, her daughter, to raise awareness for other parents and save infants from dying or being injured (parents.com).

Click here for more information on Azra's startling injury and potential dangers to young children.



Tagged As:


Jenna Phipps

Jenna Phipps is a writer, editor, and dancer based in Nashville, Tennessee. She enjoys working with other people to improve their writing, taking long road trips, experimenting with choreography, and reading many novels.

Sale on City Select:

Fast & FREE Shipping

Baby Jogger City Select Stroller - Titanium

$529.99

Whether you're looking for a travel system, a pram, a double stroller, a triple, or just a single, the City Select could be the only stroller you'll ever need. The most versatile stroller on the market today, the City Select was designed to keep your family rolling as it grows...

Add to Cart


Facebook Comments

More Stories: